For players who want the style and sound of the Fender’s golden era, we created the Vintera® ‘70s Jazz Bass®.
Equipped with the coveted features that defined the decade—including period-accurate neck profile and playing feel, along with re-voiced pickups—this bass has all the growl that made the J Bass® famous.
For authentic tone we re-voiced the pair of single-coil Jazz Bass pickups to sound more like the originals. Gritty and growling, they have the tone that made the J Bass popular.
The “'70s C”-shaped neck has a 7.25”-radius bound fingerboard with pearloid block inlays and 20 vintage-style frets for classic playing feel.
A vintage-style, 4-saddle bridge with threaded saddles and ‘70s vintage-style stamped open-gear tuning machines offer original-era aesthetics, rock-solid performance and tuning stability.
Other features include 34” scale length, chrome hardware and 4-bolt neck plate. Includes a deluxe gig bag.
- Finish: Gloss Polyester
- Material: Alder
- Shape: Jazz Bass
- Style: Solid Body
- Bridge: 4-Saddle American Vintage Bass
- Colour: 3-Tone Sunburst
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Black/White/Black
- Orientation: Right-Hand
Neck and Fingerboard
- Fingerboard Material: Pau Ferro
- Fingerboard Radius: 7.25" (184.1 mm)
- Fret Size: Vintage
- Frets Count: 20
- Neck Finish: Gloss Urethane
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Mounting: 4-Bolt
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt
- Neck Shape: Thin "C"
- Nut Material: Synthetic Bone
- Nut Width: 1.5" (38.1 mm)
- Truss Rod: Vintage-Style
Electronics and Hardware
- Pickup Configuration: SS
- Tuning Machines: Fender® '70s Vintage-Style Stamped Open-Gear
- Neck Pickup: Vintage-Style '70s Single-Coil Jazz Bass®
- Bridge Pickup: Vintage-Style '70s Single-Coil Jazz Bass®
- Control Knobs: Vintage Style Black Plastic Jazz Bass®
- Controls: Volume 1. (Neck Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Tone
- Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Strings: Fender® USA Bass 7250M, NPS (.045-.105 Gauges)
- Case: Deluxe Gig Bag (Included)