Big, bold and righteous, the Gretsch G2420 Streamliner! Hollow Body Single-Cut with Chromatic II is designed for the modern guitarist who yearns for something beyond the norm.
A commanding guitar for powerful players, the G2420's modern sonics, updated electronics and authentically elegant style create the latest iteration of That Great Gretsch Sound!?
The secret to the Streamliner's sound is a new offering from Gretsch-the Broad'Tron BT-2S humbucking pickup.
Designed specifically for the Streamliner Collection, the high-output Broad'Tron pickup spawns improved definition with tighter bass response for robust lows, pristine highs and a throaty midrange.
This sonic power is harnessed and shaped by the traditional control layout-neck and bridge pickup volume controls, a master tone control, master volume control and three-way pickup switching.
A fast-playing 12"-radius laurel fingerboard with elegant pearloid Hump Block inlays and 22 medium jumbo frets sits atop the white-bound nato neck with a thin "U"-shaped profile-ideal for chord work or firing off speedy riffs.
Enjoy rock-solid tuning stability courtesy of the stylish Gretsch Chromatic II tailpiece, Adjusto-Matic? bridge with secured laurel base and synthetic bone nut.
All the classic eye-catching style you've come to expect from Gretsch is here-vintage-style black control knobs, enlarged F-holes for increased acoustic projection, elegant aged white binding with upgraded purfling, slick-looking nickel hardware, arched laminated maple construction and three-ply tortoise pickguard.
Nearly impossible to put down once you pick it up and start playing, the G2420 is an astounding take on the authentic sound and classic style you've come to expect from Gretsch.
- Model Name: Gretsch G2420 Streamliner Hollow Body, Village Amber
- Model Code: 2804700520
- Collection: Streamliner
- Body Material: Laminated Maple
- Body Finish: Gloss
- Colour: Village Amber
- Upper Bout: 11.625"
- Lower Bout: 16"
- Waist: 9.75"
Neck and Fingerboard
- Neck Material: Nato
- Neck Profile: Thin "U"
- Neck Finish: Gloss
- Fingerboard Material: Laurel
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"
- No. of Frets: 22
- Fret Size: Medium Jumbo
- Inlays: Pearloid Hump Block
- Scale Length: 24.75"
Hardware and Electronics
- Nut Material: Synthetic Bone
- Nut Width: 1.6875"
- Tuning Machines: Die-Cast Nickel
- Bridge: Secured Adjusto-Matic
- Tailpiece: Chromatic II
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Tortoise
- Bridge Pickup: Broad'Tron BT-2S (Bridge)
- Neck Pickup: Broad'Tron BT-2S (Neck)
- Pickup Switch: 3-Position Toggle
- Switching: Position 1: Bridge Pickup, Position 2: Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3: Neck Pickup
- Controls: Volume 1 (Neck Pickup), Volume 2 (Bridge Pickup), Master Volume, Master Tone
- Control Knobs: Black Vintage-Style
- Hardware Colour: Nickel
- Strings: Nickel Plated Steel .010 - .046 Gauges