Engineered with an innovative Performance-X™ bracing pattern, the approachable concert-sized body of the Fender California Vintage Malibu is lightly crafted with a solid Sitka spruce top and solid ovangkol back and sides to effortlessly produce a sweet, focused voice with exceptional nuance and balance. An ergonomic modern "V" profile was chosen for the the okoume neck along with a short 25" scale length for warm tonal response, and a tilt-back 6-in-line headstock with a maple headcap for a distinctive look born from Fender's electric guitar DNA. Other notable details include a bound ovangkol fingerboard with pearloid block inlays for a throwback look, vintage-style tuning machines for smooth, accurate tuning, and a bone nut and saddle for superior harmonic character.
Bold, eye-catching and unique, California Series instruments make no compromises balancing standout style, superior sound and effortless playability for those who aspire to play something different.
- Period-correct Malibu concert body shape
- Solid Sitka Spruce top, solid ovangkol back and sides
- Ergonomic modern "V" shape neck with tilt-back 6-in-line headstock
- Fishman® Presys VT Plus electronics with undersaddle piezo and internal body transducer
- 25" scale length
- Vintage-style hardshell case